NEET counselling 2018 by MCC
Candidates who qualify as per result of NEET 2018 can participate in counselling. Around 90000 MBBS and BDS seats will be filled through 15% AIQ counselling and state level counselling on basis of NEET results.It must be noted that the role and responsibility of CBSE will be limited to conducting NEET. Declaring the result and providing the all-India ranks and marks of candidates to the various counselling authorities at national and state level will be done by MCC. Additionally, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), will conduct the NEET 2018 counselling for the following categories:
1) 15 percent All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across all states (except Jammu and Kashmir).
2) 100 percent seats in Deemed and Central universities,
3) Seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges
4) Seats at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Additionally, MCC will declare the number of available seats before each round of NEET counselling. There will be two rounds of counselling for state government colleges and three rounds of counselling for deemed and central universities.
Counselling by state authorities:
NEET counselling 2018 for the remaining 85 percent state quota seats (100 percent in case of Jammu and Kashmir) in government medical and dental colleges and seats in other private and self-financing institutions in all states will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities.
With this in mind, it is important to keep track of and be prepared for the entire series of counselling rounds. The NEET 2018 counsellingfor AIQ and deemed/central universities will tentatively begin by the second week of June, and will go on until the last week of August. Counselling for state quota seats will be conducted by the different state counselling authorities during this same period.
MCC will conduct:
1) All India Quota Counselling.
2) AFMC Medical Counselling
3) Deemed / Central Universities Counselling
4) ESI Medical Counselling for IP Wards
Other than that, the following bodies will look after state level medical counselling :
1) APDHTE (Arunachal Pradesh),
2) NTRUHS (AP)
3) DME (Assam)
4) GMC Chandigarh (Chandigarh)
5) DME Raipur (Chhattisgarh)
6) DTE (Goa)
7) ACPC (Gujarat)
8) Pt BDSUHS (Haryana)
9) DME (HP)
10) JAKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir)
11) JCECEB (Jharkhand)
12) KEA (Karnataka)
13) CEE (Kerala)
14) DME (MP)
15) DMER (Maharashtra)
16) Medical Directorate (Manipur)
17) Health And Family Welfare Department (Meghalaya)
18) DTE (Nagaland)
19) Department of Health and Family Welfare (Odisha)
20) BFUHS (Punjab)
21) DME (Rajasthan)
22) DTE (Sikkim)
23) TSCHE (Telangana)
24) DME (UP)
25) WBMCC (West Bengal)
Please note that there will be separate registrations for separate counsellings. Candidates have to visit official website of counselling authorities to register for MBBS/BDS admission through NEET 2018 Rank and NEET State Rank List 2018.
Counselling procedure for 15 percent AIQ Seats
As stated earlier, the DGHS, on behalf of the MCC, will conduct the counselling for admission to 15 percent AIQ seats in government medical and dental colleges. Under the AIQ scheme, all government medical and dental colleges have surrendered 15 percent of their total MBBS/BDS seats for AIQ. However, the seats which remain unfilled after the second round of counselling are reverted to the respective state counselling authorities.
The first round of AIQ counselling of NEET will be conducted from 12 to 24 June, and second AIQ counselling round will be conducted from 6 to 22 July.
Documents required for NEET counselling
Candidates will need to bring following documents at the time of reporting to the college after AIQ counselling of NEET.
1) NEET admit card
2) NEET rank letter or AIQ rank letter
3) Class 10 and 12 certificate and marksheet
4) ID proof with eight passport size photographs
5) Provisional allotment letter generated online after allotment.
6) Community certificate (if applicable).
AIQ NEET cutoff ranks of top 10 medical colleges
Based on merit, the students will be allotted the seats to the medical colleges
|Name of Medical Colleges
||2017 NEET Closing Rank
||2016 NEET Closing Rank
||2015 AIPMT Closing Rank
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
|VMMC &Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
|King George's Medical University, Lucknow